Korbgemeinschaft – Hilfe für Syrien
Foundation of the Archdiocese of Vienna
Organs of the Foundation as a legal entity
- Cardinal Dr. Christoph Schönborn, Archbishop of Vienna
- Protosyncelus Lic. Mag. Yuriy Kolasa, Vicar General for the followers of the Byzantine Rite in the Archdiocese of Vienna
- Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Pachta-Reyhofen
- Mag. Martin van Oers, Unitas-Solidaris Wirtschaftstreuhandgesellschaft mbH (an auditing and tax consulting company)
- Josef Weiss, Financial Director and Economist of the Archdiocese of Vienna
- Father Dr. Hanna Ghoneim, Syrian priest, head of the Melkite community in Vienna
- Walburga Starkl CS, nun of the order of Caritas Socialis
The Foundation sees its main mission in helping people in Syria endure the post-war sufferings and hardships, so that they can stay in their home country and contribute to its reconstruction.
Just like the disciples of Jesus were able to distribute bread to huge crowds, the Foundation’s basket of donations will hopefully never become empty, so that it can serve to provide quick, direct and efficient help to those in need.